It happens that the inhabitants of the sea ruin not only bathing, but also the entire vacation. To protect yourself from this kind of trouble.
First of all, you should check with the travel company or from the media about the invasion of jellyfish, seaweed and other sea creatures. Usually about the danger of invasion inform travelers, and specially created groups of rescue workers clear water from poisonous sea creatures.
So what marine animals and plants can be dangerous for tourists:
Representatives from the fish the greatest danger to tourists are the electric rays (the injection is very dangerous for people) who like to bury themselves in the sand near the shore, leaving the top of the tail with the stinger, and poisonous tropical fish (they are very beautiful and colorful yellow, red), exudes a poison different parts of the body. The most poisonous fish found in the waters of the red sea.
There are species of algae that emit dangerous substances that infect humans. For example, algae Ostreopsis ovata (“cotton”), which can be found in the waters of the Mediterranean sea, causing breathing problems and fever.
These sea creatures can really ruin the vacation of any tourist. Most often they appear near Beregovoe storm or rainy season (in Asia). One of the most dangerous is the black jellyfish, which can be found in Tunisia. Canary Islands dangerous jellyfish with a red crest and colourful bubble (called the Portuguese ships).
Usually the touch of a jellyfish tentacle causes burns, which in any case do not rinse with water (the defeat will only increase).
Shellfish the most dangerous are the little blue ringed octopus that live in the waters of the Indian ocean. They cause paralysis of the muscles of the body, which can result in death. Dangerous shellfish-cones, living on coral reefs. The bite of this clam is very painful and can lead to suffocation. If you are bitten by a clam, immediately bandage the bite site and call your doctor.
5) Sea urchins.
They are found in warm seas and love to dwell on coral reefs, on rocks and in the sand. Injections with needles sea urchins are very painful. The most dangerous of them is urchin called Diadema, the injection of which causes a painful shock and temporary paralysis.
Most stars are harmless, but there is such starfish as akantaster (crown of thorns), with 8 rays (the ordinary stars have 5 rays) and causes swelling, inflammation, dizziness and vomiting. Pulling the needle from the foot of the sea urchin or star can hold e in hot water.
Most corals can only cause burns and blisters that should be treated with vinegar and lubricate sintomitsinovoy emulsion. But it is better to remember of precaution and do not touch the corals with your hands.